Thursday, August 23, 2012

So I made Thea Belle a new fall dress. It is a tweaked version of a Crewcuts (J.Crew's kids' company) dress I found on clearance (for $20) earlier in the summer. It was the only one left in the store and it was Thea's size so I was so tempted to buy it for her but I knew I shouldn't so I was a good girl and walked away. BUT it was a beautiful idea with a knit-jersey main body to the dress with a light cotton (seersucker) striped pleated insert panel on the front. I changed it from navy to black because Thea looks good in black. And I lengthened the sleeves. And added a heart on the back. The original pattern I had drawn/cut would have made the neckline better, but I second-guessed myself while I was constructing it and widened the opening. I also accidentally made the entire thing a little too wide because of how I inserted the front section. I am going to make a bright version of this next and fix some of these problems. Still, I like it. It is pretty close to what I had seen and looks pretty on Thea Belle.

1 comment:

liz@carpeseason said...

Love it! She is so cute!