Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lame End to Style Month

This is how most of the last weeks of July looked for my outfits. I would have something on by 9 each morning, and then by 9 or 10 that night I would quickly ask Brad to take a photo. Sometimes they would turn out, sometimes not. I pretty much recycled around the t-shirts and skirts with very few accessories involved. I can't wear long earrings because of small, quick, grabby hands. (And necklaces are even more dangerous.) Belts -- I own two -- one thin, braided, light-brown leather and one plain old medium brown leather, gold-buckle American Eagle 2-inch wide. I don't wear scarves. I don't own hats. And the one pair of sunglasses I have had for the last ten years has been mysteriously missing for about a month after the boys sat in the front of the van for an extended length of time exploring the glove compartment, etc. The plan is to get this posted with a few other photo entries I am behind on and then do a post where I assess what I learned this month about clothes, style, etc.

Outfit two days before leaving for the Lake: Shirt Urban Outfitters; Jeans, Thrifted; Belt, American Outfitter.

Outfit the day before leaving for the Lake: Shirt, gift from Liz Berget from Korea; Skirt, old school Urban Outfitter (circa 1997ish)
T-shirt & Skirt -- both Urban Outfitters

Swimsuit: via Modcloth

T-Shirt: Target; Jeans: Thrifted; Belt: American Eagle; Shoes" Asics via Zappos
Shirt -- a nice thin gauzy cotton with pretty detailing, but I think it is too big and too far into maternity-style for my liking. Nevertheless, I pull it out from time to time. This shirt is a stand-in for the shirt that I want from J.Crew, and so it is like eating a carrot stick when what you really want is a piece of Ghirardelli Chocolate. Shirt: H&M; Skirt -- Same Old

Nice & awkward, eh? But so you can see the neckline...

And the shirt's redeeming pretty pin-tucking...
Expression -- Oh Man Am I Tired and I Am Not Attractive; Shirt: Target; Skirt: U.O.

I don't like wearing tank tops -- but it has been so humid and hot...and to be honest, this day I had worn this tank to bed and never really had time to get dressed properly. Tank: Target; Skirt: Thrifted, Gifted, Altered

Same outfit as previously seen: Shirt & Skirt: U.O.
Thea Belle's Dress: Target; My T-Shirt: U.O.; Skirt: American Eagle

 


 

No comments: