Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Bikers!

For the 4th of July Brad and I packed up lunches, swim stuff, and all the kids and ventured out on a 5 hour, 14 mile bike trip around Minneapolis. We biked from South Mpls. where we live up to Theodore Wirth Park. Brad has never been to the Eloise Butler Wildflower Park, though the kids and I have gone many times. It is lush and magical and jungle-y -- very different from the more quiet and tame park we have seen when we go every year in early spring to see the wildflowers. I loved it even more to see how she changes with the seasons. We hiked through parts of the paths and then made our way over to the playground nearby to eat our lunches and let the kids play for awhile. Then we decided to call up my sister who lives downtown and meet her for some water fun at the Loring Park kiddie pool next to her apartment. Then we packed everyone back up. said our goodbyes to Aunt Bekah, and pathetically  made our way back home (well, actually, I was the pathetic one -- Brad who commutes in his bike to work everyday was awesomely unflagged -- what a stud!). It was hot and Thea wasn't too happy for parts of the trip, but overall, with piles of books and water stops, the kids did great. And Brad and I felt completely guilt free eating our grilled-out feast and fudge-sicles for dessert (-: I *LOVE* my bicycle. I love how the city just "opens up" to adventure with our bikes and kid-carriers. Hooray!!!!!

  

Fun playing and so much conversation with the wonderful Matt, Monica, Olivia & Nora Larssons!!!
 

No comments: