Friday, July 08, 2011

7th of July

This is really how I felt at 10:30 on Wednesday. This week has kicked my butt. The children are contentious and wild and dangerous and careless. And I am over-reactive and lacking in emotional self-control and sleep. I am exhausted. But today my dad exhorted me to persevere in doing right. And then I came home a debacle of an outing with the kids, got them fed and put down for naps, and opened up my church' blog to find a Mark Driscoll sermon posted that deftly and strongly exhorted the exact same thing -- stand firm, persevere in doing good. In due time you will reap the fruit of right-doing. God is able, God is willing, God is graciously kind. The steadfast love of the Lord is everlasting -- it doesn't waver, it doesn't fade, it doesn't fail. Hesed.
T-shirt: Urban Outfitters (I know -- heavy on the U.O. -- What can I say? I like their t-shirts.); Skirt: Yep, Urban Outfitters (slightly altered). Hair: You can't really tell but it was a simple braid (mostly because I had a crown put on my tooth at the dentist early in the morning and a braid was the most comfortable hair-do to lay there in the chair).

No comments: