Thursday, September 15, 2011

Not Sure.

I am having difficulty blogging -- not because of technical difficulties, but because of time-constraints and more confusingly, because of internal reticence. I am overwhelmed by understanding the magnitude of this life I find myself in. One child begins kindergarten. Another part-time preschool. Another trying to find his place in this family. The little one begins walking and trying to talk. My husband growing into a professional job position with bigger responsibility and potential, less clear lines and more need to define his role and worth. The weather turns from summer into deep autumn within three days time, truly and without hyperbole. Re-reading Anne Morrow Lindbergh's gift from the sea and trying with all my might to finish the overview of history up to the fall of Rome. Rereading every other paragraph in between folding my way out of the ever-billowing piles of laundered clothing that descends every evening at 10 o'clock. I don't even know. Well, children have begun waking from naps and I finish to say that I hope I am able to update this space as soon as I understand why I am doing this or find a new way to justify the time it consumes. Not sure right now. Not sure about many things.

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

I hear ya! I know you write for other people (and you do it so well), but I think you should also be writing for yourself. You are a great writer and go through a lot of thought to make your words true. Your own on-line journal of your crazy, non-stop, laundry-covered, overstimulated life!
Love you, Sarah!