Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sixteen Things

16 things that have made me happy in the last three days:
1. Ray LaMontange's new single "You Are the Best Thing"
2. Aaron Espe's song "Faith and Doubt" about Jesus and Peter walking on the water, off his new album Songs from a Small Town
3. My brother Jonathan's new wire metal bowl creations
4. The children's section of the downtown public library
5. The movie Shawshank Redemption
6.The birdcut tulipwood sideboard and glass daisy cabinet knobs in the new Anthropologie catalog
7. Digging up 42 dandelions out of my very green, fairly "clean" lawn
8. Most of the nausea fading away from this pregnancy
9. Feeling energetic enough to not take naps with Atticus and Dietrich (hence I get alone time again!!! for the first time in months (-:)
10. The Cubs making it to the playoffs
11. Our new storm windows making the original exterior wood frames "magically" appear on our house
12. Teaching jr. high/ sr. high Sunday school for the first time in years and years
13. Getting one of the 16 illustrations for my current project to turn out how I see it in my head
14. My sister calling me as she goes to and from and in between classes in college (she returned to school this fall -- and is actually going to class and doing her homework and enjoying it)
15. My boys faces when they see me after waking up from naps
16. Brad walking up the back sidewalk home from work

2 comments:

Brian Murnion said...

"You Are the Best Thing" is a great track.

Leah Miller said...

I love that you have this list. I'm inspired.