Wednesday, September 04, 2013

My Sunflowers...

So back at the end of our long wintery spring, I had the kids plant some sunflower seeds along the side of the house. And they have grown beautifully! Yay! The first one that bloomed was brutally hacked down by my boys with a makeshift slingshot/boomerang. And then as I was attempting to rescue it for a vase, something involving a butter knife and a prolonged distraction on my part, ended up in it being cut into approximately 52 pieces. Argh. BUT -- more blooms came. And boy are those spectacular "faces" heavy -- three have fallen over and I've been able to get them into vases. They make me so happy. And I didn't know that sunflowers smell totally like candy -- like sweet-tarts. Mmmm.




(And despite one of my picture frames -- see the "naked" print of minneapolis -- again being broken into smithereens by one of the many banned indoor toys, I decided to put the biggest flower on the mantel. I can't help it. So pretty.)


And a couple smaller ones above my sink...contented sigh...

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

Of course you should put it on the mantel! It's gorgeous!