Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Boo!

This year Atticus wanted the boys to be ghosts like in the Charlie Brown Halloween special. It was a fun challenge to figure out how to get the sheets to stay on their heads with the holes lined up right for their eyes. (I ended up making felt "bonnets" that tied under their chins with attached masks.) I ran out of fabric for Lincoln so he ended up dressing up as a pirate (from the costume stash). We meet so many neighbors trick or treating just down both sides of our one block -- I love that. This ghost is Dietrich.

Atticus the ghost

 


Lincoln helped me hand out candy while Brad took the older two kids up a couple blocks to see their friend Peter from church. Lincoln had so much fun seeing all the kids come up to our door and putting the candy in buckets.

Giving some of his own candy to his sister -- he tried putting a package of Whoppers in her mouth right after this.








Bat garland I made with Atticus. Idea from the MADE blog.

Little pumpkins from Grandma Nancy & Grandpa Tom; Big Pumpkin from my mom & dad's garden. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I LOVE the ghost costumes! I wonder if my boys would let me do that - they love Charlie Brown and all things Peanuts. But the superhero seems to win out every time.