Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Dietrich & Lincoln

Dietrich & Lincoln looking good at H& M

Dietrich requested these three photos and then checked to make sure they were up to his standards. One day last week Dietrich did not fall asleep for his afternoon nap (a strange occurrence) and I decided I would get out some alphabet flash cards. I've done alphabet puzzles with him off and on and we read alphabet books together with his brothers but I've never really sat down and worked with him on his letters. It's been one of my goals for him for this school year so I decided I'd better see where he was at and what we needed to work on. I was expecting 4 or 5 letters, maybe. We sat down and he gave me 17 letters on the first time without pausing to think. Then we did it again and he got 21. Then he was done and wanted to play cars. We did. I was so so amazed and proud of him. And encouraged that these kids pick up so much just by being around their siblings and having books read all over the place. Hurray!



This is a pillow case packed with his blankie, a book, and some underwear -- He and Atticus were going to visit Grandma Nancy. The awesome mask is from Isaac Miller's birthday party. Dietrich wears this mask for part of every day.


Lincoln loves this hat. Isn't it perfect for him?


 

No comments: