Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trip to Camp Wildwood 2008 - Part 3

On Thursday Brad, Dietrich, Bekah & I took a day trip to Duluth (about an hour and half to the East). It was a first visit for all of us but Brad. We left Atticus with Grandma and Grandpa -- the first time I'd ever left him for an entire day. (We both did fine (-:)

Lake Superior

Outside the chocolate shop...We ate lunch first at a wonderful Italian restaurant in the North Shore tourist-y part of Duluth.

The lift bridge

My sister headed back to Sycamore (Illinois) mid-afternoon. It began to rain so Brad, Dietrich and I got in the car and drove around neighborhoods looking at houses. We were hoping the rain would stop so we could take a walk, but it became heavier. We ended up spending an hour at a Barnes & Noble before heading back to the lake.

Back at camp...

Max' first boat ride

They had these neat water bikes this year. They're made by a company in Minneapolis. I loved them because he don't actually have to be in the water but still get the fun of being on the watering and moving (rather than just sitting in a boat). I should have rode them more than twice...

No comments: