Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Visit with My Aunt Donna!

Two weekends ago my Aunt Donna was up here in Minneapolis (from Illinois) for a nursing convention. She was able to stay a half day longer and go to the arboretum with us Saturday morning.I get to see my Aunt maybe once a year so I was pretty excited that this worked out. (Missed you, Uncle Danny -- Maybe you could break your "50-Mile" rule next year and come up. I'll make you good coffee and keep your itinerary flexible and spontaneous, just the way you like it! (-:)


Aren't these Clematis so neat? I love how they leave these whorls when they are done blooming.






 





I love how I've been seeing people use plants that I wouldn't have thought of for flower beds -- like this pretty cotton plant, or near our house, red cabbages or chives or clovers. The Como Zoo this year even had an entire exhibit that was about using vegetables and herbs to create pretty landscaped beds around your house.

Got 'em trapped all together...

No comments: