Saturday, April 24, 2010

Preschool Fire Fun!?!

So things I do with Atticus that Brad would never let us do....Yes, I let Atticus play with fire. In my defense it was naptime for the younger two and this was a closely supervised activity. Also, I did not let him light the match. And I gave him a fire safety mini-seminar. So...I tried to impart some wisdom into this. The short of it is that I always loved fire and he made little play-doh birthday cakes which just cried out for candles. So we sang "Happy Birthday" to just about everyone he knows and then he sang songs he made up just so we could light the candles again. It was very fun -- for both of us.
(p.s. notice his stylish wristwatch -- He and Dietrich were playing an elaborate game earlier in the day which required them to be carrying suitcases with important documents and to be armed with bows and arrows. They needed to make a certain train -- the couch -- so they could catch the airplane -- the bed -- in order to "get the bad guys". They NEEDED watches or how could they successfully accomplish their mission? Really. So they both received high-tech wrist-watches from "headquarters". I like to think of myself as the "Q" to their "Bond" (-:)

1 comment:

your friend from Iowa said...

Beth T.'s sister-n-law here -- saw your link from her blog and 'Mom's new baby' caught my interest! I have much older boys, and when they were young playing with fire was a favorite past time -- though one son informed me he wasn't 'playing' but doing 'match work'. I used to place the candles on a cookie sheet with a cup of water and a wet cloth nearby just as precautions -- and let 'em at it! Thrills my heart to see a little boy getting some useful experience!!