Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Nancy's Next Adventure

My mother-in-law Nancy made these three quilts for our boys. I was thinking about her this week -- It is her last week of working before retirement. She has worked as a teacher in the same school for over 30 years. These last few years have been so hard for her: frustrations with bad management, melodramatic intra-politics and infuriating poor teaching policies and practices. She loves the children and that is what has kept her at it this long, but there comes a point where it is better to walk away from such an acrid environment. I am proud of her for keeping her head above water and persevering. I am proud of her for being brave enough to retire. I hope she is able to spend more time with her family (including us! (-:) and to enjoy quilting and reading and sitting in a lawn chair outside in the sunshine like the old people in her neighborhood she has envied (-: May God use this new part of your life to make you more and more into the Nancy he has created you as and use you efficaciously in the lives of the people around in new and deeper ways!!!!! I love you!

No comments: