Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank You, Bekah!


I could not have survived -- or at least, I would have been near despair if my sister had not been here to help us these last few weeks. Those of you who know my sister and me, we have not historically been able to get along very smoothly, but God has been so gracious to us both to have changed us and to also teach us each humility and wisdom about what and how to talk to each other. And I think we have also grown in appreciation for one another's differences -- and for me, to trust God more with the way and timing of how He works in my sister's life. I have had some trouble adjusting to needing help and also to having someone else here during the day: It is good in many ways but it changes the tone and rhythm and "feel" of our daily life. But that would be different right now anyway so...mostly I am just grateful to be able to help Bekah with this new phase of her life and to have her here to help us in my new phase, too.

Bekah starts her new job tomorrow morning at 7 am. I don't know what her new schedule will be, but regardless, her presence and thoughtfulness these last few weeks have been so perfect and so very needed.

No comments: