Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Poor Atticus

Yesterday Atticus looked like he had two black eyes with a mean red rash around them. I called the nurseline when they became even worse later in the day. This morning I brought him into the doctor: He has a nasty cold, is cutting 3 eye-teeth, and has an unidentified infectious eye problem -- some kind of cold that has gotten into his eyes. He is very miserable. All of you who pray -- please pray that he will heal, not get my sinus cold, and that I will be wise and kind and patient. And the rest of you can just feel sorry for the little guy. Until it goes away, we are a quarantined group here. I must add that pale, expressionless winter skies are evil. I hate them. This is not unrelated to our current isolation and my struggling toddler's miserable-ness.

Oh, and we have used to large-size packages of newborn diapers since Saturday. Isn't that impressive and ridiculous. But, boy am I good at changing diapers.

Glad things abound despite minor illnesses and depressing light. We are all adjusting well and sticking together through these changes (-:

No comments: