Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Gucky!

Whenever Atticus or Dietrich need their diaper changed, Atticus says "Gucky!" and wrinkles his nose. He thinks it's funny to say Brad is "gucky!" -- and I laugh and say, "No, Daddy doesn't wear diapers -- that's silly!" And he giggles and says it again. Because I change Dietrich's diaper so often, Atticus sometimes calls Dietrich "Gucky." like it's his name. A. also calls his brother "'Ich" -- short for "Dietrich" which isn't much better -- Gucky or Ick. Nice name, Mom & Dad. Anyway, this afternoon when I went in to see why Atticus wasn't going to sleep for his nap, I found him playing in his crib with all his stuffed animals lined up -- presumably getting their diapers changed. Atticus said "Gucky!" -- held up a lamb, laid him down on his back and began fake-diaper changing. Then he did the next stuffed animal. Then he took one of his books and told me it was "gucky" too and pretended to wrap it in his blankie giggling at him own joke. I love this kid.

No comments: