Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dietrich's Shower

Leah threw Dietrich a shower last Thursday evening. Anne and Angelina helped cook and decorate. Fantastic October-fest paper cut-outs made the house festive and we were fed with German-themed desserts to honor Dietrich's name-origin and German namesake Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Here are the women who could come (clockwise from me on the bottom): Tanya (my neighbor up the street), Laura (my friend from church), Jess (my friend through Leah), Angelina (my erstwhile roommate), Liz (another good friend from church), Anne, Leah, and Melody. They all went together (with my neighborhood friends Wendy and Angie -- both who couldn't make it to the party) to get me a great gift certificate to a nearby spa -- hurrah!!!!! Tanya also embroidered a onesie with Dietrich's name and Jess brought D. some cute woods-land creature knit pants and knitted him a lovely little stocking cap. (P.S. I'd like to thank all the husbands who did kid-duty to let my friends come celebrate with me!)

Angelina

Anne

Anne & Leah

Anne & Tanya

Laura & Leah

The book, You Are Special (Lucado), they all signed for another group present.

Angelina, Liz & Melody

Jess

Laura

No comments: