Monday, October 15, 2007

Sacred Raiment

So last Friday I put Atticus coat, hat and gloves on him for our walk to Brad's bus station in the morning. When we returned home, I went to take his hat off -- screams of anger and hysteria greeted me. I left his hat on. I tried taking his coat off -- Atticus arched his back into a full-blown crying fit on the floor. I left his coat on. I thought, well, I'll at least take his gloves off so he can use his hands -- more crying, loader yells of outrage, higher kicks of injustice. So the mittens stayed on. For 3 hours. Yes, he walked around the living room, yelling in frustrated anger whenever he tried to pick a toy up. Unwilling for me to even touch his sacred raiment. Poor kid. Had a nasty cold, a bad night of sleep, and a garment-stealing mother. Who is equal to such hardship )-: And, really, though I didn't mind taking off my coat and gloves, I understood his mood. It was one of those days. Can't seem to kick this cold. At least we don't have severe tonsilitis and mono, right, Jonathan -- poor kid.

No comments: