Monday, November 30, 2009

Lisa, Rambling Conversation, & Great Music

Our sad attempts at Facebook profile pictures...

So I am really behind on posting -- in mid-October I had my dear friend and cousin Lisa come to visit me. She left her two young kids (Atticus & Dietrich's age) back in Chicago with her husband and came for about 24 hours to talk, to be with us, to get to know my kids better and to hear a great concert by Over the Rhine over at the Cedar Cultural Center. We've been fans of OTR since college. Lisa and I grew up on farms only a couple miles from each other, went to the same tiny school, same small church where our dads served as deacons together and switched being Sunday School superintendent. Anyway, I only get to see Lisa about once or twice a year and her generosity in coming all the way up here was just beyond over-the-top. We actually had some truly "real" and long conversations and had an entire evening at the concert courtesy of my sweet husband. Thank you Lisa (and Jason and Brad (-:)!!! I love you -- forever!

No comments: