Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Iowa State Fair

Two weekends ago we headed down to Des Moines to celebrate my mom and Brad's dad's birthdays -- They turn the same age one day apart. Brad's dad was singing in the Iowa State Fair with his men's choral group and my mom and dad came over from Dubuque to visit for the morning. We met for breakfast Friday morning at Kara's (Brad's sister) coffee shop in Altoona. Brad's grandma Trellis also met us there.

Lincoln & Trellis

Kara & my Mom

My Dad & Tom


After breakfast we went over to really nice new playground.

My dad reading Atticus a book before naptime...

Later at the Iowas State Fair...Aunt Kay holding Lincoln

Trellis, Grandma Nancy & Atticus waiting for Grandpa Tom to start singing

Cousins Marcia & Logan on the other side of Brad...

The singing group -- Tom to the right of the director

Grandpa Tom & Lincoln hot in the art building

I should have more pictures but as happened, Brad, myself and the two older boys all got sick...so we spent a lot of time up with them at night and a lot of time during the day trying to repair and catch up on sleep...It was good to have help while both of us parents were so sick...ahhh...Thank you, Tom & Nancy!

No comments: