Monday, October 27, 2008

My Three Sons

This morning we had our 20-week ultrasound: We're having a very healthy boy. Because I will be 35 when this baby is due, I am automatically put into a higher risk group so they gave me a "Level 2" scan -- everything was checked -- all his fingers, limbs, heart chambers & valves, feet, brain lobes, organs are all there and very healthy. The only physiological anomaly (which means exactly nothing to his functioning) is that he has two pairs of renal arteries from his kidneys to his bladder: Most of us have just one pair, so my third son is already proving to be a prepared boy scout. For those of you out there who knew we were praying very deeply for a girl, be assured, I am completely okay -- growing into real happiness -- with another boy. I absolutely know that God puts exactly the right people into a family. This boy is meant for us, without a shard of doubt. And as added cream, we had a trio of lovely medical personnel attending us: the technician, doctor and nurse were all so excellent. The nurse has three grown boys and told us rapturously, even, how very fantastic it has been and is to have a three sons. Now we just need another good and noble name....

4 comments:

Leah Miller said...

More boys to add to our crew! I was feeling sad for you and am weary to be too excited- just in case you aren't there yet. I love boys.

jinjur71 said...

Congratulations on boy number three... It's going to be great being a mom of all boys! What about "Trey" for a name :)

Joslin3 said...

Yay for healthy babies. I for one, am thankful for all you fantastic moms to boys who are going to get to teach me how it's done!

melissa said...

Hey, Sarah, I'm glad that this little guy is healthy and growing well! And it seems that you are embracing him with maternal love despite your disappointment (which I totally understand). I had three boys in a row, too, and even though one of them isn't here with us, I feel blessed to have three sons, too. And from all I've heard, it's probably pretty likely that we'll have more boys! :0

But I do hope that you get a little girl added to your family at some point. :)