Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

Brad really wanted to go frisbee golfing for Father's Day but he hates crowded courses so he decided to postpone it to a different weekend. So Saturday we took the kids to a cold, gloomy, very dirty beach. The kids loved it -- Brad, not so much. But at least we were all together. And though one bad mood can totally ruin a day -- I am trying hard to remember that the more people involved in an endeavor (like being a family), the more probably that someone will be having an off day -- My mom always, always says "Moms should be the thermostat, not the thermometer." It is wonderful advice. I am not very good at it yet, but I have hope that God will change me eventually. What He has started in me, he will complete to the finish...that is the promise. I will keep working it out. I also want to say that though I still don't enjoy being wet and am not a "lake" person, I absolutely love how much my children revel in all water play. They are Minnesotans.








Dietrich's wide-open-mouthed yelling lake-weed monster guy
  
I love you, Bradley. Even when you are in a bad mood. Muwah!

1 comment:

liz@carpeseason said...

I love that picture of Deke. Frameable!

What a great quote from your mom. That may need to go onto a wall in my house somewhere...like in my kitchen where I'd see it all the time.

Perfect, perfect advice.