Thursday, October 04, 2012

Twisty Tree

The stone bridge at Minnehaha Falls...Funny how so many beautiful scenes look like a Bob Ross painting in a photograph but are so soul-satisfyingly beautiful in person. (p.s. I feel compelled to clarify that I actually do like Bob Ross -- I would sometimes watch his tv show with my grandmother when I was in high school...but many pretty landscapes look trite to me when captured on canvas or paper...that is all.)

Oh how I love twist-y trees...and the multitude of colors and textures and lines God draws with wood.

And isn't it interesting how God can make decay so lovely and interesting...maybe because I have been aware of aging lately, but I have been seeing how some faces are so much more compelling as they age...there is more story there.







1 comment:

liz@carpeseason said...

how is it that you can be so poetic so very often?