Thursday, June 09, 2011

Pretty Little Ribbons

Around Easter my mom found a little cotton sundress at a garage sale. I really love how simply it ties and suits Thea Belle. I decided to play around with "copying" it with different material and different kinds of ties. I had this little piece of batik and the silk ribbon from before Thea was even born. The top is lined with scraps from her baby quilt to contrast the bodice -- and I flipped the lining so the dress can be worn "backwards" with a bodice that matches the skirt. The first time I copy something is never quite right so I've got plans for the next two. Third time seems to be the sweet spot where I'm not too bored but have it figured out. Hooray for a sweet little dress on a sweeter little girl!

  




 

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

She looks so much like Lincoln in that last picture! And she looks great in bright pink! But you know that...