Thursday, April 07, 2011

My Son Makes Stuff

One morning Lincoln was playing quietly by himself in the downstairs living room -- I think I was folding laundry in our bedroom. He came excitedly in saying "Come! Come!" (Which strangely sounds like someone saying this word with a headcold -- "Cumb! Cumb!" -- whenever he says it, but anyway...) He had moved one of his creations to the stairs to show me. I do not know what it is exactly but it is thought out and deliberate and orderly, and I will take a move toward any kind of construction over the morass of formless, destructive chaos that often dwells and billows in my house. Hooray for construction. Hooray for glimpses of this in and from my youngest son!!!! The dawn of a new age. Amen.

Did I mention he was very proud of himself. He went to get my camera and commanded a picture. This is his smile. Awesome!

1 comment:

liz@carpeseason said...

that's the best lincoln face. ever.