Monday, May 17, 2010

Inexplicable

So this series of pictures was taken right before one of the most horrible endings to my stay-at-home mothering career. Yes, this was one of the truly unspeakably awful failures of mothering and mental health one would ever have opportunity to witness. And yet, despite the layers of building frustration and doom, I was able to keep it together enough that this is the kind of wonderfully joyous episode these poor kids experienced right before Evil Mom detonated into their feral little existences. Inexplicable -- maybe to all but those who have or can remember having this many children this young, this close in age at the end of "One-of-Those-Days" at the end of "One-of-Those-Weeks" while under the evil enchantment of a previous night of very little sleep and a kick-your-butt sinus cold. I am in awe and unable to absorb how insanely wonderful it is that God forgives me of such hellish behavior and that my children forgive me too.

1 comment:

liz@carpeseason said...

I LOVE the pictures of the 3 of them together with the water spout. joy! bliss! near-naked freedom!