Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fabric that Makes my Heart Sing

So this year I found a fabric line I adore designed by Anna Marie Horner. The colors and textures...so beautiful. I was happy to find that Mrs. Horner is about my age, the mother of 6 children, and a devout Greek Orthodox. I check in with her blog from time to time: http://annamariahorner.blogspot.com/

There I found that she is a fan of Natalie Chanin and her Alabama Chanin group of textile artists. She met up with Ms. Chanin to share a sewing project and look at her amazing knits. Here's about her design group:

Alabama Chanin is a lifestyle company that focuses on creating an array of products through focusing on slow design and sustainability. We craft limited-edition products for the individual and the home. Our products are made-by-hand using a combination of new, organic and recycled materials. Each piece is constructed with care by talented artisans who live and work in communities in and around Florence, Alabama. Our products come numbered in one-of-a-kind or limited edition series and signed by the artisan that made it. We dedicate ourselves to producing quality products that become a part of daily life in this generation and beyond. From farmer to fiber to artisan to home, our products are “grown-to-sewn” in USA.


Some of Anna Marie Horner's fabrics...
especially her new cotton voile line

Natalie Chanin and Anna Marie Horner hand sewing together.

Natalie Chanin's beautiful hand-sewn applique techniques...

1 comment:

Bird said...

I'm drooling over here...