Monday, January 18, 2010

New Year's at My Folks: Part 1

Well, I got these posts out of order -- These next two posts are from our visit to my folks for New Year's after leaving Brad's folks in Des Moines where we spent a week at Christmastime. The trip to my folks was full of surprises -- I was bed-ridden sick with some kind of flu-cold for two days and Lincoln would not sleep for three days in a row -- my mom, brad, and I working to get him to sleep -- to no avail. We ended up taking him to the local doctor's office where the doctor said he had an ear infection an put him on antibiotics. Strangely, when we returned to Minneapolis and had him checked by our pediatrician (not doubting the Lancaster doctor, but because it was Lincoln's 9-month regular check-up), the doctor said the antibiotic dosage was a tiny fraction of what they usually prescribe and probably had done nothing for the infection. Furthermore there was not a tiny bit of any evidence of infection only 3 days after beginning the antibiotic. Strange. Also none of my children have ever had an ear infection and always mravel doctors with their inner ear health, so more strange. Anyway, what with the lack of sleep and Lincoln and I ill and being at the end of a week and a half away from home, I was nearly done in. But I was very glad to meet our second brand new niece, Felicity, Jonathan & Robyn's little girl (Clark's sister). And my Aunt Donna & Uncle Danny drove over from Illinois -- hurray!!!

My dad watching gifts being opened....

My brother Jon with his daughter Felicity

Clark with Dietrich's box of cars from his birthday...

Uncle Danny with Felicity

The wooden Castle Brad & I gave the boys for Christmas!

Atticus making brownies with Grandma Susan

My mom & dad enjoying Lincoln

Watching a movie together...

Atticus the Dragon Monster

No comments: