Friday, May 15, 2009

We are Bad Seeds

It is quiet here on this Friday afternoon. The two older boys are napping; Lincoln is asleep in my lap. It is an idyllic spring day -- perfect sunlight, temperature, and breeze. And half the morning Brad and I were sullen, irritable, annoyed, rude with our children and slightly less openly with each other. Why? I don't know. I hate how sin just seeps its way in on the wave of moodiness or hitch-hikes with frustrated plans for a day, or just kind of sidles up to the elbow of an unstructured empty sort of day. It's so much harder to clearly/cleanly repent of a mood or disposition than a forthright verbal spar or a full-tilt loss of self-control/temper. Sin that insidious little creep -- I want to punch him in the face and twist off his ears.

2 comments:

The Tribe said...

I love it when someone verbalizes my thought way better than I ever could. Thanks! I am so thankful the Holy Spirit reveals the sinfulness of my bad attitude mood swing things. So what do we do with that? Repent and move on. Trusting you have had many opportunities to rejoice since this writing. Love ya!

Sammy said...

I agree! Very well said, Sarah. Clap, clap.