Wednesday, August 01, 2007

O Boy!

Well, we had our 20-week ultrasound today. We are having a very healthy, very active boy. We have no boy names picked out. (I was fairly sure this child was a girl so I have a fantastic girl name but we'll just have to find ourselves a heroic boy name (-:) The due date is still December 15th. Many of you knew how much I had my heart set on a girl, but I remembered a favorite section in C.S.Lewis' Perelandra (from his science-fiction series). The Queen (Venus/Eve) of the new world discovers what it means to expect one good thing and be given a different good thing:

"What you have made me see," answered the Lady, "is as plain as the sky, but I never saw it before. Yet it has happened every day. One goes into the forest to pick food and already the thought of one fruit rather than another has grown up in one's mind [and heart]. Then, it may be, one finds a different fruit and not the fruit one thought of. One joy was expected and another is given."

I expected one kind of joy and another has been given. I do love boys, and I have always had easier times in their company and in conversation with them. (Besides, we're not done adding little people to our family yet (-: -- a girl may yet appear upon the scene -- and now she'll have two fine brothers to greet her.)




4 comments:

Sammy said...

Hearty congrats to your family! What a great piece of literature to support how you feel, and it is certainly a gift as so many of your friends can tell you - having two boys is wonderful.

Leah Miller said...

Ah, that's so sweet. I must say, not to be in contradiction with the ultrasound tech, but the last picture looks like the face, whereas the one before looks like another head shot. Yes?

We, too, are so excited that you are adding to the boy clan.

Anna Murnion said...

Sarah, Brian and I both are so excited! I love that you are not done "adding little people to your family," I'm sure your someday daughter will be very blessed by having two older brothers.

We love you guys!

Love,
Anna

Littl'un :D said...

Sarah, it's Joy!!! I have just decided to start doing this blogging thing, and I am so excited about everything!!! We have so much to catch up on! and Jonathan is married already! I can't even believe how quickly we've all grown up. Congratulations and blessings to him and Robyn! that is so wonderful!
I'm at Moody, and would love to see you sometime! I don't know how often you're in the Chicago area, but there's so much that I have to tell you! I'm going to Israel this spring, and am pursuing studying in Northern Ireland next year! God is just so amazing, He's opening so many doors for me! You're always in my thoughts and prayers, dear, and I hope all things are well with you!

love,
j.