Friday, January 12, 2007

Lindsey & Lilly's Shower in Illinois

"The most wonderful Grand-Daughter in the World" -- my enthusiastic mother exclaims...


My cousin Carolyn Ackland graciously opened her home to us for Lindsey & Lilly's shower. Thank you Carolyn and Lloyd for your cleaning and preparing and hospitality. I was so sorry to find I didn't get a photo of Carolyn with Lilly or my dear Lisa who came out (sick, even) from Chicago to celebrate with us. This was a difficult time to make a party (the day before New Years right after Christmas) and I am so thankful for the friends and family who made it out.

My lovely Great-Aunt Inez ( Atticus' Great-Great Aunt), in her mid-nineties, still lives on her own in Kewanee, IL and has driven up for every one of the family showers and even came all the way out to Brad and my wedding in Dubuque. She is as cheerful and sharp as ever -- always encourages me with her plain and simple joy rooted in her hope in God in a way that is never fake or forced. She again turned up with one of her original famous hand-made baby quilts.

Lindsey, ever-stylish and relaxed after a very long trip up from St.Louis...

Great-Aunt Margo...

Aunt Margo who cheerfully organized games and Cousin Jessica Levi -- our food maven (obviously very expectant with her 4th child)....

The lovely food that my cousins Jessica Levi and Heather Brown prepared and displayed for us.

Cousin Hattie Levi who was very well-behaved and much happier than at Atticus' shower back in June of 2006...

Cousins Jessica Zhe, Kortney Ackland, and Marie Ackland with Aunt Margo in the background...

Lilly!

No comments: