Friday, January 12, 2007

Atticus & I Travel to St.Louis to Visit Lilly


Atticus and I left my folks and rode down to St.Louis with Aaron, Lindsey & Lilly. We had a great time relaxing and taking walks and getting to know Lindsey and Lilly and Cable TV so much better. Atticus did pretty good a week away from home and his Daddy.



Atticus' new fake upset face -- used liberally to get Mommy to pick him up, play with him, give him more more more attention...




Atticus took his first flight ever to get back home. We had a lay-over/plane-change in Chicago. Atticus was cheerful and gregarious the entire trip. I never had a less relaxing airplane trip but was very thankful to gracious fellow passengers and my congenial boy. Coming home Brad picked us up from the airport all snazzed-up in dress clothes, clean and shaven as can be. He had done a number of house projects while I was gone and had even washed and put the sheets back on our bed (Victor gets bed-rights when "Mommy" is away.) Our reunion weekend was the sweetest we've ever had -- Brad ordered out Italian from our favorite restaurant and gave me wine-picking rights from my week's reading of my wine introduction book (B. gave me for Christmas). Atticus about squigged his Dad out by walking four steps toward him with flawless balance and then just standing there unaided as if he would take off trotting across the room. Then he fell over and hasn't wanted to walk on his own since. I think a few falls have given him wisdom and fear. I miss his un-fettered cavaliering boldness -- but he'll get it.

Man, I missed Brad. And I missed my music!! and my house!! and Atticus' johhny jump-up and crib!! Atticus is now sleeping through the night (almost) and has dropped a couple nursings during the day. I am so excited that he is eating more and more grown-up food and can go down for naps on his own -- without any laborious ritual on our part. We've been enjoying his new toys and books. We've jumped back into our full life here in Minneapolis -- a fantastic city that I am appreciating anew. We've gotten my studio put back together (after moving it from Atticus' room) and I feel pretty much settled back in. I love managing my home and having my best friend come home to me at the end of the day. A lovely lovely holiday and return to my "regular" life which is now so sweet and REAL. I wish that there were new words to say how gracious God is to us. Even if the words are old, the reality of this goodness really does seem to be to me like daily food. New every morning (although it might take later in the day after a nap for me to feel it fully). It is good -- down to my toes good.

1 comment:

David said...

Sarah!

Such cute baby photos! Atticus sure is growing, I hope I get the chance to see all of you in person someday soon. Sounds like you three are off to a great year, and I hope all is excellent down in the Twin Cities.

Happy New Year!

Dave