Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trying to Give Atticus a Piano Lesson

So Atticus wants to learn to play the piano. And I want to teach him. And I know how to play the piano. And we have a piano. One problem. I have 2 other little people who also want to learn to play the piano. But they are not in the same developmental stage that Atticus is. So our piano lesson was very short and disjointed and involved lots of "It's not your turn yet." "Wait just a couple more minutes..." "Please don't touch the keys yet, okay?" and so forth... And despite what I saw as a colossal failure of a lesson, the next day, Atticus went up to the piano and showed his dad where middle C was and then proceeded to name the other keys on the piano by their letter name. So, there you go -- though I still have no idea how I will be able to give him actual constructive lessons, my son is very smart and might learn it anyhow.



Isn't this awesome -- I hope they always always always love making music together this exuberantly.

2 comments:

liz@carpeseason said...

oh my gosh. how did i miss this post? i LOVE that Atticus is sporting bare feet and a freaking cowboy hat for his first lesson :)

liz@carpeseason said...

ps erizabat = liz. it's how my name elizabeth was once spelled in korea and now i like to use it on the internets.