Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Three Men & a Little Lady

First of all, this was a day I was able to have 15 minutes of actually enjoying my children. When I was a little kid I have this totally amorphous memory of laying on my bed and a soft sheet being thrown up into a sun-filled room and it gently floating unevenly, lightly down over me...like it was kissing my cheeks. I don't know if I did this for myself or if my brother Aaron and I would lay on my bed together or if my mom did this. But I loved it so very much. And I wasn't a child who liked to sit still for very long. Anyway, since Atticus was a tiny baby this is a game I would play with him...and each time a baby came along, we would include him or her in it. As you can probably guess, the boys play a wild version of it involving kicking and punching which is generally subdued and sometimes banned by their mother who tries to protect the littlest ones and also hates getting hit in the legs...but sometimes they play peacefully for 5 or 10 minutes. And everyone is happy. And I look happy and at peace -- and my kids know that I love and like them. This is good.

Secondly, when I was a girl, I saw the movie Three Men and a Baby (and then Three Men and a Little Lady) approximately 327 times because my grandma loved Tom Selleck and I loved my grandma. (I also saw an unearthly number of Magnum P.I. episodes, in case you wondered.) To this day, I think about that mural that Steve Guttenberg's character painted in the foray of their 80's-cool apartment. And I think Mr.Selleck is still a pretty sexy dad-aged guy.



This one is probably my favorite -- because Thea Belle doesn't look so worried (-:

2 comments:

kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kara said...

LOVE these pictures, Sarah!