Saturday, December 18, 2010

Angelina!

My dear friend Angelina Fernandez moved back to California this week. We were roommates when Brad and I were dating. I feel like all the ways we are completely different and all the differences in how we grew up were somehow not that big of a deal. We were meant to be friends. I love her perspective on things. I love the way I always learn things when I talk with her -- about anything or nothing. I love the flair she has for being a woman -- just something about the way she throws her hair up or wears it wild or throws on crazy shoes or a red cardigan cut just right. I am thankful, so thankful God brought her out to the Midwest and let us meet. I pray she heals and continues to grow back home with her family. I pray she finishes college and finds a career meant for her. I pray she presses in close to God, and that it would please Him to bring her a husband who loves her deeply, selflessly, steadfastly, creatively -- simply, the way Christ loves her.
 

No comments: