Thursday, July 01, 2010

Touch This Truck!

Two weekends ago we drove out to River Falls, Wisconsin to see the bi-annual Touch-a-Truck and have lunch with Brad's Aunt Caryl and Uncle Leigh. It was an overcast, moody sort of day and we hit some terrible road-construction traffic, but the boys ended up having a great time (though Dietrich needed some time to warm up) and we all enjoyed a grill-out lunch afterwards visiting with family we don't see often enough (-: We were happy to have Brad's cousin Andy and girlfriend Samantha join us too.

The Army helicopter was a favorite for all three boys -- especially because it had a real gun with real bullets in it...I love that Brad & Leigh look so interested too (-:

Lincoln doesn't look too happy in any of these pictures but he loved racing around (with one of us trying to tail him) and finding the nooks of vehicles to explore -- I was glad I brought him an extra shirt -- should have brought two pairs of jeans too. He was covered in axle grease more times than I would have thought. Very creative. For a few days afterwards, our van smelled like my dad's workshop back on the farm.

Seriously huge tractor. I promise they did sit in a John Deere this size too -- but I was on Lincoln-duty when they were busy over that way.

Dietrich and Lincoln both loved the wheels...




No comments: