Friday, July 02, 2010

Dreamy Dates and House Projects!

So last weekend my parents took ALL THREE BOYS for two nights. We met them halfway in LaCrosse on Sunday afternoon and drove back to Minneapolis to meet Liz and Eric for Indian food. Saturday we slept in and worked all day on house projects (my favorite way to relax ever!). I continued work on the baby girl's room (here's a little preview), tried cleaning one of the couches (one more to go), and repainted our stairs and fix-painted the hallway trim and walls. I cleaned floors and then Liz came over and finished cleaning the bathroom (!!!) -- the shower stall (my least favorite household task). Bekah took part of the day off and helped Brad drywall the boys' little playroom project in the back of their room. That night Brad and I did a dinner date, wandered around Anthropologie (thank you, Brad!), and saw a truly silly and totally funny movie at the cheap theater (Riverview) -- Date Night. It was still light when we came out so we went for a long, rambling walk in the neighborhood over by the Mississippi Parkway. We love looking at houses and yards and dreaming and critiquing. It was so relaxing and dream-like. And I so love my husband. So much. We slept in again Tuesday, I went to a baby doctor appointment, and then came back and we got the playroom floor cleaned and primed and work stuff cleaned up before leaving to pick up the boys.

3 comments:

Leah Miller said...

Awesome.

Beth said...

sounds so wonderfully relaxing yet productive! What an excellent combination!!

Lisa said...

I've been wanting to give you a call, since "comments" on a blog still seem so impersonal to me being old school Southern as I am! But, lo, finding a time to call where both of us should be awake and our boys occupied (napping!) is nigh impossible! So, this will have to suffice for now... congratulations on your coming little GIRL!! You have a beautiful family and I love reading your blog since I can relate so well to life with 3 very young boys. You inspire me to be a better, more creative mother...although, I am quite jealous of your artistic abilities (when/if we finally get our own home, I will be checking out your photos for ideas). With love from the Plair household (whom you now outnumber with preschoolers!), Lisa