Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Difficult Blessings or Two Impossible Broads

My sister Bekah and I have been an enigmas to each other from the beginning until this very day. I was 12 years old when she was born. We have had a roller coaster of a relationship that continues to refine and humble and confuse both of us on into our 20's and 30's. I am thankful for my sister. I am thankful for what God has and is teaching me through her, by her, with her. If ever there was a unavoidable lesson in loving a person very different from yourself, this is it. And with our fierce commitment to family, there is no place to hide from each other. We are in it hell or high water. Amen. God, your Divine Wisdom is strange and good and working your work of severe mercy in these two women. Thank you. Help us, please.

No comments: