1. My children have only been taking 1 hour naps this week. After I get them to sleep I have been getting about 20 minutes to myself each day. That makes my soul very tired.
2. Victor has eaten a hole in one of our living room chairs. He is eating the foam padding. Dogs should not live in people houses. I realize this is against the opinions of many people I love and respect, but I cannot reconcile good stewardship of property, finances, or time with animals and people co-dwelling. I feel like part of my soul must be metal and not flesh to believe -- nay, feel so deeply -- this grouchy, uncharitable, inhuman thing.
3. My husband gives the most wonderful back massages I have ever experienced.
4. I have two weeks and one day until my weekend vacation alone with my husband.
5. I made fancy chocolate/vanilla swirl cookies today: They look pretty. They look like the ones my friend Sarah Deems makes. They are her recipe. But mine taste yucky. Why? I don't know. Sad.
6. I would like to do that 25 Random Things survey on facebook but I am not persistent nor smart enough to figure out where the questions are. (Do people make them up? There must be some kind of guided list, right?)
7. My friend Leah watched her pastor's dog this week. It's a bull mastiff. It chewed the corner off her brand new couch. She was very angry and returned the dog to his home (She'll let him out a few times a day instead). She felt awful about being so angry and "failing" at dog-sitting. I would have been so much so much so much more evil and sinful -- And though I probably would not have sworn quite as much as Leah when returning the dog, I certainly would have been doing something much worse with my heart and spirit than what her mouth was saying.
8. Brad is back at work tonight trying to finish a big project due out this week. I miss him. The boys are sleeping fitfully, I need to stop typing random things and go work on my book illustrations.
9. Andrew Bird has a new album out this week. Bon Iver has an new E.P. I've listened through both of them a few times, but I still keep getting stuck on an old favorite album: Over the Rhine's Drunkard's Prayer.