Monday, September 03, 2007

Minnesota State Fair

On Monday we visited the Minnesota State Fair with Brad's Folks.

Brad & Atticus on the Giant Slide

For Atticus, the trucks, tractors, & ATVs were the best part of our day.

All of us loved the Little Hands Farm Exhibit. Atticus wasn't sure at first, but as we walked through he got more and more into it.

A wooly sheep

Planting seeds with Grandma Nancy

Feeding the chickens & Gathering eggs


Milking a cow. Water came out of the udders when you squeezed them right. It was a really cool fake cow. I was impressed.

They had these neat wooden trees where the kids could "pick" apples. I think I should build one, but if I never get to it, I am so happy they exist. I kept thinking of that kids' game, Hi-Ho Cherrio -- the one with the plastic trees and little plastic hooked apples. Remember?

Atticus tried to eating the fake peppers and kept throwing them on the ground and trying another one out of the basket. Maybe he thought one of them would be real.

Inside the big barn there were live insects and a wall full of insect collections.

Grandpa Tom

Grandpa Tom & Grandma Nancy

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

I gotta say I don't think Atticus was hoping for a real pepper. Food snob!