Friday, December 22, 2006

Atticus' First Snow


Yesterday we had big eyelash catching snowfall. Atticus and I took a walk in the splendor. He fell asleep 10 minutes in not knowing what to make of the flurry, furry whiteness and his mother's giddy enthusiasiam.

December has been a breath-catching whirlwind this year, but we've just about made it to our holiday: tonight we leave for Brad's folks and then on to my parents later next week. A whole week with my two favorite boys and families I just love so much it hurts. And the house will stay clean and the sink empty and all Victor's fur will be in our car and (sorry!) in our parents' houses. I am so thankful for Christ sustaining me with very little time for contemplation or rest. I am weary but "whole".

This year my favorite Christmas verse has been even more tangible with my dear baby boy in our midst. Emmanuel, God with us: "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Merry Christmas all you dear people!

No comments: