Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Two-Weeks Old...





Well, we made it to two weeks. I am finding ways to get the laundry and cleaning done and even got groceries last week. We've taken Atticus to church twice, to a baby shower, to our Monday night Small Group, to the Grocery Store, Target, and Home Depot. We go on a long walk every day -- sometimes with friends that come to visit, sometimes with Brad on the weekends, and sometimes just A. and I. "We" talk about all sorts of things on our walk. When I lived on the farm, I would always pray and sing and talk on my daily walk but haven't done that since I've been a city dweller -- though I probably would have fit in when I was living down by Stevens Park -- and even here people wouldn't be too concerned, they'd just "take note" of "the local character", shake their heads, and continue with their gardening or other home pursuits. BUT, now with Atticus as my walking partner, I talk with him for long stretches of our trip -- and sometimes we pray together or sing songs. I figure you never know how much he's absorbing -- he really seems to take things in. He's awake more and more through the day (sometimes still at night). I try to spend time focusing on him when he is awake -- we read books together and sometimes play the piano. And he loves "exercising" -- he gets his hands and feet flailing and kicking -- just like when he was inside me but with oh so much more room.
I'm not sure yet how to "process" being a momma, but somehow God is extending his grace to me to not need to have it all mapped out, pinned down, figured out...
And it is summer splendid beautiful.

So you know: Playing at the Minneapolis Zoo this summer are Andrew Bird and Susan Tedeschi. (And Aimee Mann -- Kara) (Also Indigo Girls -- twice, and Dar Williams). If anyone wants to come up for one of these concerts, let us know.

No comments: