Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Atticus and the End of the First Week

Atticus Robert Johannsen
Born Tuesday May 9th 2006 at 10:16 pm
Weighing 6 lbs. 3 oz.
Measuring 21 1/2 in. long

Today is Atticus' one week birthday. He has gained about half a pound since leaving the hospital. Yesterday he stayed awake for about 6 hours and gave my parents, my brother Jon and Brad and I much pleasure as he looked calmly around, interacting with our voices and making funny faces.

We had met Brad at work and ate dinner at a very nice downtown restaurant, The Monte Carlo. When we returned home after dropping Brad off at work, my family left for Wisonsin. I had my first afternoon on my own. God continues to give me so much grace -- Gladness, genuine happiness down to my toes continues to uphold me. I am nicely healing from labor and have been able to do household chores in between feeding and playing with Atticus.

Today has been absolutely beautiful -- splendid with sunshine up to the 70 degrees. My friend Leah and Little Cal came over this morning for a long walk and stayed for lunch. Tonight Atticus and I will be a part of a friend's baby shower and give Brad an evening to himself.

All is so very good.

No comments: