Sunday, February 01, 2009

Respite

So the boys and I have been sick all weekend. Thankfully, thankfully Brad came home Friday night and after we got Dietrich to bed, he sent me to bed and took Atticus to Home Depot. I slept pretty much 12 hours straight. Brad's been on nighttime kid duty both nights so I slept 8 hours last night too -- though I am still sick, my head and spirit feel much better. And even the kids and I being sick, Brad managed to get the ceiling fan/light installed in the boys room, and Atticus and I retrieved groceries for the week. AND the last two days have been sun-flooded and mid to high 30's: So Saturday we took the boys out for a walk to the local coffee house and we all had a simple happy break with the boys being low-key and well-behaved (mm...eyes-closed thankful); and today I took a walk all by myself at the beginning of the boys' naps. Dietrich still has a fever and both boys have a cough and runny noses but the weekend still felt like a refuge and retreat for me. I am entering this week thankful for Tylenol Cold medicine being safe to use during pregnancy.

The only light in this room prior to this project was a string of Christmas lights over the window -- How wonderful to have real light now (and it's adjustable for right before bedtime or if we need it on low to help one of the boys in the middle of the night). Here's Atticus on the ladder. He was eventually barred from the room because he was chronically disobeying how high he could go up the ladder.

Before Brad returned the ladder to the rental place, he let Atticus climb to the top.

Now we plan to do the duct work (to get heat and air directly into the room) next weekend and after that, install real doors between the bedroom and family room and on the attic storage space. Once the ductwork and doors are done, I will repaint the dark grey bottom part of the room chocolate brown and add a shiny orange strip at the border of the brown and "Tiffany's" blue top. A nice beige/tan neutral-ish carpet will "finish" up the room.

No comments: