Thursday, November 16, 2006

Atticus is Six-Months Old



November 9th Atticus turned 6 months old. We had his 6 mo. check-up this past Tuesday. He is 28 inches tall and weighs 18 lbs. 4 oz. This puts him in the 75% for ht. and 70% for wt. So pretty much spot-on (proportionately) for a big-ish kid. He can now sit up by himself and is eating two solid- food meals a day. Just in the last few days he's made it to going without eating all night long from 10 pm until 5 or 6 am. He still has a rough spot around 1 or 2 in the morning. But with some teamwork between Brad and me and some sad crying on Atticus' part he gets back to sleep within an hour and makes it until morning. Some of his favorite things to do are bouncing about in his johhny-jump-up, listening to Brad play the guitar for him, sitting in my lap while I play piano music or watching me try to play my violin. He also loves riding around in the back-pack all around the house while I do chores. I try not to do the latter too often since he would be happy doing that for hours if my back would hold up. Atticus and I don't go out "on the town" very often since it jumbles up his naps and feedings and because I've been furiously working on house projects (which will be momentarily finished today) to make way for Christmas projects. BUT he does love watching other children, really, any people. People-watching is quite entertaining for him. And there is always the crazy dog, Victor, who loves performing for Atticus -- and licking him as much as possible until I intervene. One thing I've been missing is the more frequent nursing times -- so very nice to stop, read, be quiet and feel very close to my boy. But I want him to grow up too...so, a timeless and universal joy and sorrow for all mothers.

We are spending this weekend down in Des Moines with the Johannsens and then returning for a few days before heading down to northern Illinois for the Ackland Thanksgiving, then back to Dubuque to spend the weekend with my parents, Jonathan, and my cousins -- Jason, Lisa, and Ian Carriere -- who are traveling to and staying in the Dubuque area just to visit with Brad, Atticus and me. Again and again I am overwhelmed by the blessing of my two families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Sarah!

I would love to come see you and the baby this Christmas! If you do not have my mother's phone number, send me an email. (-:

I started a blog now just so I could say hi to you on your blog! You will have to check it out. I will send you the web site info. if you email me.

Have a great day!

The Tribe said...

Sarah, I was so totally bummed not to be at church Sunday. I REALLY wanted to see Atticus and Ian too. I am glad to get to read and see how he is doing. What a little hunker chunker! Nothings as good as seeing him in person but thanks for the post ~Beth for the Tribe