Monday, October 02, 2006

Atticus and the First Supper


Atticus had his first solid food (rice cereal and breastmilk -- tastes kinda like mildly sweet stuff with the consistency of humus) tonight at dinner. He was so tired from skipping nearly all his daytime naps that I almost postponed it another day, but he seemed interested when we offered it to so we jumped in. I'm impressed by how well he did. We'd been warned that little of it would actually get in and yet, he ate like he'd been doing this for weeks. He even wanted to hold onto the spoon himself. The sippy cup was no problem: I've been offering him a sip from a regular glass whenever he reaches for mine, so I think he just combined that with his professional sucking skills. So our boy reaches another of those milestone Firsts with what I hope is a long life of enjoyable eating ahead of him.

No comments: