Thursday, July 06, 2006

Trip to St.Louis -- Potosi, Wisconsin Leg





A humungus thanks to Brad's Family for convincing Brad that we shoudl swing by my parents on the way back to Minneapolis. My mom was full of glee to be able to hold her grandson for a night and morning. Thank you, Nancy and Tom, for watching Victor this week and a half so we could give my parents (and me) this surprise gift.

Atticus is possibly the sweetest baby ever to enter this world's scene. He handled hours and hours of traveling from Minneapolis to Des Moines to St.Louis to Potosi to Minneapolis over one week of time. And three different beds and so many new people and places. We are, indeed, grateful to God for giving us a son like this. We are now back home and trying to remain away from the car until this weekend. Brad had a comfortable amount of work to return to at BKV. I had a relatively clean house -- with no one being here for a week, it's hard for it to get too out of hand. We teamed up Tuesday evening when we returned so Brad watched Atticus as I went out "gathering provisions" -- grocery shopping -- amid the outbreak of firework displays all across the city. Yesterday I was able to get the front yard landscaping done (well, this year's phase of it (-:) -- this with the help of Atticus' happiness to play on a blanket under the tree and Brad playing with Atticus later in the evening and then his help with brush clean-up afterwards.
Today I have some flowers to plant in my planters and then I will start my big closet-overhaul project to get Atticus' room ready for him to move into -- a few weeks from now (a big step for him and his mommy).

Thank you, Aaron and Lindsey, for a great time visiting -- and Lindsey, your cooking "rocks"! We love you both!

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

Nice "sexy brad" picture.